Reason to hope

I have spent the summer with my sister and her husband, and I have discovered that although she is many years older than me we share a few funny little quirks. We both hate sandwiches, snort when we laugh and twirl our hair when we are lying in bed. The one thing I noticed the most during my stay was the way my brother in law always refers to her as his wife. He says "Where is my wife?", "How is my wife?", or "What is my wife doing?" instead of "Where is K?". But he doesn't say it in a neanderthal chauvinistic way, he says it in a sweet reverent way, almost like he still can't believe he has her forever. They have been married 15 years, and have a child, and he still says "my wife" with the devotion of a newlywed. This sort of affection and devotion always gives me hope that becoming a statistic in the ever rising divorce rate isn't inevitable.

Plus I know they have lots of sex :)

0 comments: